Thursday, September 2, 2010

Amazon?

 Welcome, once again, my dear bloggers and bloggets. This weeks photo is one of my very latest. This summer I wanted nothing more than to go on an amazing journey to far away lands. Unfortunately, I was stuck in Illinois. And hark! The boredom monster has struck again! So of course, being me, I brought out my trusty camera, and ventured into.... drum-roll please.... my backyard! Da-da-da DAAAA! I've found that some of the best pictures I've taken were featured either at my house, in town, or at my school. Shocking? I think yes. It's amazing the things you pass day by day. The opportunities you stroll by, and never even see. The most fantastic pictures out there are taken not 10 feet from a persons own home. You just have to have the right eye, and imagination for it. So I ask you to do this favor for me. The next time you're walking into you're house/apartment/box/ etc, take a step back, and look at the beauty around you. Because that, my friends, is photography. Opening your eyes to the little things... the things that go unnoticed, just waiting for you to take a look.

5 comments:

  1. i love that lighting in the background. i call it jesus light :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being stuck in Illinois isn't SO bad. You get some awesome pictures out of the deal! =) And it's so true that people forget to take in the little things. Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breathtaking photo, Alyssa! It looks magical! Great message, too. People spend too much time yearning for something that they don't have instead of appreciating all the beauty in front of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW how powerful I think your giving Dr. Phil a run for his money I love it and the picture was pretty awesome as well good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks just like you went to the Amazon to take a picture..very awesome if i do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete